Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Felicity Questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, I just reread today the whole 6 set of Felicity's story for fun. Well, I got two questions!

    1) Felicity wears a striped dress, blue and mauve coloring, is pictured on Book #6 cover, under Red Cape. Is this her work outfit? the one retired? as it is so different in the books and in the catalogue. Or is this not the work outfit? and why did AG did not do a dress like this? as Lissie wears this alot!

    AND...

    2) When were the red colored Felicity dolls out? Like Meg's! I would like to have one of those Lissies! I will trade my Mattel Lissie for a red head Lissie!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member adriana82's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2004
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Ria =)

    I have always thought for years that the dress Felicity wears in so many of her pictures and on the cover of book 6 is her work dress. I think that was the idea behind the work dress that they created, they probably just liked the thinner stripes better?

    Hmm.. what do you mean about red colored Felicity? I thought all Pre-Mattels where red-heads. I had one, but before I realized that a new one would be different, I sold her. Then I joined the board and learned everything!

    Just wanted to add that I think the red headed Lissies (definitely much nicer in my opinion) were sold until 1998 or 1999.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 17, 2004 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Audrey O. ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Audrey!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Wish they still had the work dress! or maybe now bring out this one?? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Lametta's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2002
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've always wished for that dress too! I assumed it was the work dress, but the colors in the book are nicer and I like the fat stripes. I hope I find that kind of fabric someday to sew my own, but that color combination is not common.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think they'd stopped putting out the truly red-headed Lissies by 1998. I bought a Felicity from AG in 1998 and I got the newer version (darker, browner hair with scary green eyes and pale skin). My sister ended up giving me her childhood Felicity doll, which is the earlier type, and I do think the earlier ones were much prettier. Their face molds were a bit different than the new ones too.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ilovemydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    is it the dress that has the purple stripes? and if it is then it is probably the work dress. one of the ones thats retired.


    Courtney [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have an older Felicity with the bright red hair and the newer Mattel with albrun hair. The faces look totally different. In my album the first photo of the pilgrim outfits are worn my an older Felicity and Samantha. Both of these dolls came from the flee market. There hair was very frizzy. Thanks to your info on the downy dunk and Cherry's tips on curling, they now have pretty hair. I like the older Felicity best. If I could bear to part with a doll I would sell the newer one. So far I haven't been able to sell any of my dolls. I've become an AG addict. (LOL) I blame my addiction on Cherry and her photos.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always wished they made that dress too since she wears it a lot. The work dress they did make isn't practical. The off white color gets dirty too easily!

    I think both Lissies are very pretty but the older one is much nicer in quality. I have some pictures of her in my album. She was a birthday gift in 1992.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •